TOGA - News Update

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf46.jpg

Been a while since I wrote a news post so here's a quick update on a few things that are going down in TOGA town..

CLAN

Members

Back in March we welcomed ThomasJakobs and Nip as Battlefield admins, roles which they have settled in to and now carry out almost daily.

We've accepted plenty of new members as well so a big warm welcome to those old gits, I hope you're enjoying yourselves and the servers.

Legless - March was a sad time for the clan as we marked the passing of Legless (Pete Davies) after he finally lost his fight with cancer that he had battled with for some time. We marked his passing with a night of fun and ensured he would always live on as a member of TOGA not only in our minds but in the forever cloud of the Internet. He will always be a member of this clan, gone but not forgotten. Thanks to all who supported him and the TOGA events in his name.

DeBuGti - In order to raise funds for the charity McMillan that is close to his families heart Debug has decided that he will do a sponsored 48Hr gaming session starting at 1800 on 4th May, you can watch him at Twitch.tv/debugti and we encourage you all to jump on our TS to join him for a game and give him some moral support . You can still donate at https://www.justgiving.com/Andy-Haylor1

FORUMS

Threads of Interest - There is obviously loads of threads on our forums but you don't always see them all, here are a few threads that may be of interest to you if you haven't seen them already..

BF4 Clip Thread - Coolcon started this one back in Feb and it's been quite popular, contains lots of clips of BF4 play so if you have something good, want tips on your editing, tips on your gameplay, have something funny or just want to show off then get posting.. LINK

Members Pictures Thread - Want to know if I am as sexy as I sound on TS??? Would you like to know if someone meets the stereotype you think? Come on over and have a look, post us your best or worse shots. LINK

Origin of your in game name - Waffey revived this old thread recently, come and tell us why you chose your in game name, what does it mean to you? LINK

GAMES

Battlefield 4 - Not much to report on the Battlefield at present, after Final Stand DLC was released we were informed that it wasn't the end for BF4, not much info yet on exactly what we will get but as soon as I have something concrete I'll post it here.

I have seen a video of a new Jungle Map that is in development, looks like yet another sniper fest but I won't pass judgement until I see the final product.

GTA V - It isn't often that a new game comes along that captures the attention of a large portion of the clan but after the long delays and increased anticipation of GTA V for PC it has done exactly that. We have plenty of players who enjoy some GTA regularly, whether or not it will stand the test of time and remain popular only time will tell.

I can't really give you much info on the game itself as I don't play it, but jump on TS and ask the clan members about it!

If you are a clan member and you have something newsworthy for GTA then send it to me and I'll include it on the next news post!

Star Wars battlefront - This is the game that I am waiting for, the one that will peel me away from Battlefield, just hope the wait is worth it. Release will be last quarter this year.

HERE ENDETH THE NEWS!!

Last edited:

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
yay - news!

One thing - did we get anywhere with the donations for Legless?

Nuva thing - clicking on "New Posts" generally brings up a good list of the hot topics for those that are new here.

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
I don't think that is a bad thing though. It's a different game and gameplay and obviously different from the norm so, as has already happened, some people will instantly dismiss it as being rubbish.
Personally i think it will make for some interesting gameplay