TOGA News Update

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf41.png

So it's time for a quick news update, plenty going on but I haven't had much time to write an update!

CLAN

Members

A big welcome to all those applicants accepted since my last news post in September, there's quite a lot:
@xRASx @Flummaren4019 @BorgieXL0 @SolidState @Slanky007 @Slicer @blimpy49 @visual3x with plenty more apps in play. A big welcome to all of you!

Good luck to the many applicants we have!

If you're a visitor reading this then feel free submit an application if you like what you see.
If you're a member, don't forget to regularly check the application section to welcome applicants and congratulate those successful.

Roster
Full details of our roster are available at this link

As for changes, @ShadowFax75 was recently promoted to full admin and the staff thank him for his commitment to maintaining our servers and policing our community to ensure a happy place for all.

GAMES

Battlefield 4 - Since the last post there hasn't been too much to speak of, other than the release of the "Outbreak" map. In my opinion, a clear indication to DICE of what can be achieved when you listen to your community.

It is after all one of my favourite maps with a great balance that suits most peoples style of gameplay, you can tell it was a community developed map.

Coming up for BF4 is the long awaited re-release of a couple of maps, I'm looking forward to these but can't help feel let down that we aren't getting the likes of Seine Crossing, Talah Market or Market Place from BF3. I know that's just my opinion but it's important, don't DICE know who I am ;-) !!

Instead we're getting a remake of Dragons Valley from BF2 and Noshar Canals (or as it is more commonly known around these parts.. "Nose Hair" Canal.

There's plenty of footage around but here's a bit from the CTE servers:

Noshar Canals:

Dragon Valley:

I'm not sure of the exact release dates yet but Dragons Valley is expected soon.

TOGA BF4 Server - As most are aware we recently decided to trial a 60Hz server which was fantastic, but only while it worked which unfortunately wasn't 100% of the time, sometimes it was but not for everyone.

Given the mixed experience for the whole community the staff agreed to roll back to 30Hz, however we remain on the upgraded hardware from our service provider Fragnet. This means we can and will revisit 60Hz at some point when the new platform becomes more stable.

ARK -
So plenty of the clan playing this but nobody sends me any News worthy info so I have no news for it! However, if you are interested in playing then jump on TS with those that do.

Star Wars Battlefront -

Well such a mixed bag of opinions for this game. For some it's everything they wanted and for others it's a huge disappointment, that's not just the clan but the PC gaming community as a whole.

I played the beta and while I didn't dislike the game I didn't deem it worthy of the cash from my pocket so I decided not to buy at this time, that said I may in the future.

Plenty of the clan are still playing this and no doubt will be for some time, there's plenty of footage around and people playing and I will include Battlefront updates in my news posts in the future.

Just for fun, here's some Easter eggs already discovered in the game, posted on Jack Frags:

Fallout 4 -
When this game was released the BF4 server went a bit more quiet for a few days, then it didn't.

It seems a lot of people like it and revisit it, but not enough to tear them away from the mainstays! Once again I have no info on this as I've never been a fan of the series.

Rainbow 6 Siege -
Some clan members expressed some interest in this at the Pre Alpha stage, including myself.

I have since played the Open Beta and while I like it, it just doesn't have the scale I'd like. The gameplay and graphics are in my opinion excellent and the opportunity for some really tactical gameplay are great, albeit with some pretty small teams.

Is it enough to make me part with my cash? I'm undecided, I can confirm that even if it is then it will only be for short spells at a time, but that's just my opinion.

Here's a vid by Jack Frags about just how tactical you can be with this game:

That's all for now, a reminder to the clan and friends... if you have anything news worthy then send me a pm and I'll post it in a news thread!

Last edited:

Aggrovan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 9, 2014
Surrey
Hi Matty,

Thanks for the updates, ive been real busy lately and havent had time to play on our servers, but ill be back as soon as I can :uzi:

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Great news story Matty thanks for the time it must have taken you
]

xRASx

New User
Aug 26, 2015
yeh very good post and some good videos

just got a new 144hz monitor so hopefully it shouldn't matter what server settings are for me anymore :excited:

my lovely noshar canals I can't wait :uzi:

starwars :hungover: maybe when the game and all dlc included for around £20 i'll rebuy at the moment paying £95 for it isn't worth it - theres no depth to the game and the guns just feel the same as each other , the maps look amazing but you get stuck on the slightest things also the spawns make bf4 spawns look perfect , you can be 0/5 in seconds and not be able to do anything about it as the at at's seem to head towards the spawns , flying well lets just say it's been done to help those less skilled console players :stabby:

Fallout 4 - i'll get when it drops in price , got a lot of friends on steam who say the rpg / depth of the game isn't as good as new vegas or 3 but the world is better :wtf:

Rainbow 6 siege looks good , i'll keep an eye on it but at the moment it's giving me the feeling of being a bit limited

millomite

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 27, 2015
North
Thanks Matty. I'm a bit more convinced about getting Battlefront now after watching the vid. Perhaps Father Xmas will oblige?

xRASx

New User
Aug 26, 2015
only played the single player ut , so far so good although it seems a little stiffer than the original

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
Thanks for this and I appreciate the welcome from not only you but everyone in TOGA.

You have all made me feel at home from day one. Keep up the good work. :)