TOGA News Update

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf45.jpg

So we are well in to 2016 so definitely time for a news update, the Merry Xmas message on the home page looks well and truly out of place at the moment!!

Here's a roundup since the last update:

CLAN

Members

A big welcome to all those applicants accepted since my last news post. To include:
@millomite @sharpmilkjuice @metroidwar @Hoaxman87 @fantaziai44

Good luck to the applicants we have!

If you're a visitor reading this then feel free submit an application if you like what you see.
If you're a member, don't forget to regularly check the application section to welcome applicants, vote on applicants and congratulate those successful.

Roster
Full details of our roster are available at this link

There have been no recent changes to the roster but a thank you to all those on it who make TOGA what it is!

GAMES

Battlefield 4 - Nothing new in Battlefield 4 to report.

We've all seen the new Dragons Valley map and the subsequent introduction of a TDM round in our rotation when fewer players are on.

In my opinion it's quite refreshing to have a TDM round every now and then!

Nothing on the immediate horizon that I'm aware of but I'll keep you posted, just community missions and features at this time.

TOGA BF4 Server - As most are aware our intial attempts to run a 60Hz server were not 100% successful. Thanks to @westonwarrior and his perseverance with our provider Fragnet we had some real investigation carried out and a HW issue was finally identified. This issue has been resolved and the server is far better with everyone enjoying a far better experience so thanks for your efforts!

Something for fun... Think you're a good heli pilot?? Check this out:

ARK - Nothing to report!

Star Wars Battlefront- Well that didn't last very long did it !! Some people are still playing this but it would appear that the final product DICE managed to deliver was not up to expectation! I'll be removing this from future news posts unless there is something worth reporting on.

Fallout 4 - Nothing to report and I'll be removing this from future news posts unless there is something worth reporting on.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Plenty of people playing this and enjoying the experience. It's pretty cheap to buy as well so if you have some left over lolly and you're looking for something a bit different then get it and get involved!!

Be warned... You have as much chance of being Team killed by a giggling @SUPASTARR as some foreign enemy!!

The Division - A new entry in the news, a lot of anticipation for this game and the beta is preloading this week ready to start playing this weekend.

Looks good and could have some legs for the clan.... we'll know more next week! Until then, here's a preview:

That's all for now, a reminder to the clan and friends... if you have anything news worthy then send me a pm and I'll post it in a news thread!

Last edited:

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
It worked Matty! :)

Nice round up and thanks Westy for your continued work on the troubled BF4 server :)

For anyone interested in The Division, the pc beta is now live. The game can be purchased from cdkeys for only £24.99! Rainbow 6 Siege is a little more at £27.99 but you may be able to find promocodes to bring the costs down slightly :)

Again I have forgot to get Matty some extra info on the coming Unreal Tournament, so will try again next time around :bored:

Welcome to all new members :hatsoff:

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Also to note that it's Zero that's the teamkiller and not Supa!
Hahah, well I killed KhannyX once too.....

But seriously Rainbow 6 is a lot of fun, no regrets I bought it!

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
Nice newspost once again Matty :)

I think you may as well leave ARK out of the newsposts in the future. I don't think anyone in TOGA still actively plays it.

As for Fallout 4, there's nothing to report. Support for the really big mods still isn't out, no DLC yet and I wonder how many people still play it. A shame, really, it had potential.

Aggrovan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 9, 2014
Surrey
Thanks Matty,

Great update, the heli was awesome... if only I could fly like that... :grandpa:

daisy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 13, 2015
North Wales
So my heresy of buying Battlefront on PS4 to placate my relatives, and playing BF4 until BF5 comes out wasn't so misguided