We love it!

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
Really need to squad up with people (rare as they might be) who actually want to communicate when playing. Without that, as usual, I might as well 'Uninstall' :bored:

Think I will also try the smaller maps :popcorn:

I miss you Zero:bored:! Don't uninstall :ban:

Give me a shout when you want to play, I am sure that there are more squad/teamplayers around in TOGA. I have had some good games where the squad/team play was good. Teamspeak is a bit crowdy for good comms but there is the option to switch to a different channel with the whole squad.

quic

Last edited:
Reactions: Zero and Torched

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Good for you mate. I dunno what's wrong with me then..most ex-bf4 players seem to do just fine, scoring heavily etc. So humbling...and quite a reality check for me hehe.
Could be because they are in a proper teamworking squad all the time or something. Being in a good squad is paramount. As said, so many are oblivious...not spotting, not selecting a flag etc..all doing their own thing. I find it particularly hard to play well when that's going on. Of course i try to find a different squad, but they're either full, or it's more of the same non-teamworking BS...
Last night i played with some of the clanmates. That helped a bit, but they were only two and also still figuring things out, not knowing the maps yet and so on.
Should we ever be on the same server, don't invite me in the squad, i'm not much use as of yet lol :D
I had a couple issues too.
But after you get to know the maps and guns a bit better it levels out to a higher k d then bf4.

There is just not that many counters so easier to go on massive rampages. That is also what you feel in the beginning.

Once we get our own server to play on I bet the level of play will rise quite a bit .

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Good for you mate. I dunno what's wrong with me then..most ex-bf4 players seem to do just fine, scoring heavily etc. So humbling...and quite a reality check for me hehe.

Actually, what I meant is that I found my level of incompetence - I find it in any game right away, excellent cannon fodder :)

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Give me a shout when you want to play, I am sure that there are more squad/teamplayers around in TOGA. I have had some good games where the squad/team play was good. Teamspeak is a bit crowdy for good comms but there is the option to switch to a different channel with the whole squad. quic

If @Zero & @Quic & others are up to some small map squad entertainment, I'm interested any time and any evening!! Put a msg on the clan chat for instance, I'll join the TS for squad play then, otherwise I'm regrettably mostly absent from TS. (Most of the members know that I have to be careful with my old ears, have a hearing damage in the other and had tinnitus problem for about two decades. Now it returns only, when I let my ears hear too loud and sudden banging noises in the headphones. Like gunshots in the games lol)

Last edited:
*does a little dance*
*joins in on Debug's dance*

I must say, the game works perfect on High settings and 3 screens. I do get two very annoying bugs in certain maps. A mostly Blue, but sometimes green overlay when looking into a specific direction. and yellow glowing orbs on the map. I know I am not the only one (in-game chat and such), but has anyone else encountered this? And does anyone know about a fix yet? (I'll google it when I'm home)

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
If @Zero & @Quic & others are up to some small map squad entertainment, I'm interested any time and any evening!! Put a msg on the clan chat for instance, I'll join the TS for squad play then, otherwise I'm regrettably mostly absent from TS. (Most of the members know that I have to be careful with my old ears, have a hearing damage in the other and had tinnitus problem for about two decades. Now it returns only, when I let my ears hear too loud and sudden banging noises in the headphones. Like gunshots in the games lol)

I will keep this in mind, as soon as I'm online in the evenings.

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
50 hours in and I think the game is pretty good overall but some annoying things annoy me ! The behemoths are OP and wreck every map. Theres no 'infantry' map seeing as the behemoth is on every map! i would vote disabling it altogether server side if possible.

The weapon customisation presets are really bad as they take up 3/4 weapon slots with one weapon that has a grip or sight. You can't use a grip without a sight on certain guns.

Also movement feels a bit off, doesnt feel fast to turn/ sprint and ADS as BF4.

Apart from that, the game seems alright ! I hope for some close quarters DLC / Some maps with a behemoth.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
If you work together as a team most behemoths are destroyed real fast. In my opinion they are not OP. Only on operations in the desert maps, as defender you don't get enough vehicles or weapons to fight it. The only thing you get as defender are 3 airplanes and that is not really enough to destroy the behemoth.

But like I said on conquest there are plenty of options to destroy it.

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
I Love it! For a new battlefield release, battlefield 1 has not had any major issues for me. I specially like the ticket system designed around actually taking objectives and holding them to win a game. The k/d part for me is not that important. I'm happy when there is a good squad around me that works together and obeys the squad orders:)

Graphics:
Outstanding for me! I'm playing the game on medium settings with a GTX970.

Sounds:
Beautiful, best in game sounds I ever experienced.

Network:
No problems for me.

Gameplay:
Still figuring out what my favourite class is. Weapons are great, especially the melee weapons (with the whole animation scenery in game). I have played operations, conquest and team death match. I think Operations is a bit unfair when defending in my opinion but that also depends on the teamplay.

Maps:
Apart from Suez (3 objectives desert map) I like all the maps.

Servers:
The joining on friend/party annoys me from time to time. This is because it sometimes takes ages to join a game:(. I can't wait until we have our own server and I am very curious in what form friendly scrims are to be dealt with.

Quic

Last edited:
Reactions: six-shooter

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
That behemoth ruins conquest for.me I'm not gonna sit through another game of that thing spamming mortars and luckily killing me. and it's virtually invincible for 50% of the round all the flow of conquest is spoiled. not bothered any more will play different game modes until I can select conquest without that noob machine.

Stupid idea and won't defend a bad feature in a game , a typical trying to help the noobs feature that isn't needed at all in Conquest if a team is loosing they need caps not an even more OP vehicle.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
The behemoth only appears when ticket difference is 140. So it means that the server is unbalanced.
I don't mind the behemoth. In most occasions it gets destroyed pretty fast.