BF2042 Impressions?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
hmm gonna have to change my speakers too. The PC is way under my desk so I cant reach the jack sockets for the headphones and mic. I need to find some cheapish speakers that have those sockets on the front of them that'd make life simples. Or a Soundbar with 3.5mm audio sockets I guess.

Nothings ever straight forward.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Tried to play the game after a long break. Result: the whole game & pc freezes (forced shut down required, doesn't react to CTRL-ALT-DEL), crashes in the middle of the game, or finds a game alright but instead of starting it closes down the whole game. If "repair the game" doesn't help, I'll have to uninstall it for good.

EDIT: didn't have to uninstall after all, runs now well. And the new (?) Breakthrough 64 Solo game mode seems to suit me well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Binary

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
"Update #3.3 releases on Tuesday, March 8. This update brings further bug fixes, control and keybinding related changes, the introduction of updated Scoreboard functionality, and the release of The Steadfast Exclusive Legendary Bundle as thank you to Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition, Year 1 Pass, and Year 1 Pass and Ultimate Pack upgrade owners*.

With the introduction of the updated Scoreboard functionality we’d once again like to express our commitment to listening to your feedback and improving your in-game experience with each update." :lol:

- downloading

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I will try it later to see how the performance is. I do not think they worked on that if I read the patchnotes

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
Not to sure how many on here still play but have you noticed how laggy the game is since the update it is almost unplayable

Reactions: Clown

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Played 1 round on the new map last night - first time in BF for a few months tbh. Died shit loads, got 5 kills. On the positive side, theres indoor stuff and it looks a good map as long as you know your way around I think. Massive series of unlocks at the end.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
The new map is actually good, gameplay is also much better than it was (that was already the case before this update).
But only one map and 2 new weapons. I expected more tbh.

Reactions: Binary

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Agreed - one map. Each BF game is supposed to be a development improvement of the previous one. One map for a season isn't going to hack it no matter how good it is. People will begin/continue to leave.