Is it worth it?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Crotador

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 20, 2012
So, looking for something to play and fancied this. Is it worth the 40 quid?

Haven't played a game in so long, I can't even remember what gfx card I have.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
I haven't played on the PC (or indeed posted in the forums here) for just under a year, but GTA V has pulled me back in like a beast its very good...I do rather suspect its a little GPU heavy for the higher resolution/glitzier image quality settings, but I would also surmise it would run on older hardware (anyone able to confirm that?). The minimum system requirements are:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

I bought it for PC from CJ's CD keys - http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-CD-Key-(Digital-Download).html

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
khannie look me up man ;) Mandomannie ill bring ye over to the apartment and we can get the bong on :)

aye dood on hardware spec, it doesn't need a beast, basically if your rig plays bf4 at all itll play gta about the same level tbh, very scalable engine.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I have to say that eg. the big map of GTAV is amazing, for starters. I thought Sleeping Dogs was something special (and it WAS and still is...), but GTAV has brought the enormous maps and details & graphics onto a totally new level. I like to unwind just by speeding in the streets, causing havoc and mayhem, escaping the police and then starting it all over again. Going to fly, playing golf, doing practice shooting etc. All this when I'm not playing the single player's story mode. (I refrain from the multi player as a courtesy to the other TOGA players lol, I don't want to spoil the missions and heists) Some of the main characters are so well written that you seldom see such kind of "acting" in the games. Sleeping Dogs and Mafia II have been my previous real favourites of this genre, but GTAV is also something special. :)

Last edited: