Problems Running GTAV

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Sooooo, Mine doesn't run. Shows the GTAV splash screen, but nothing loads after that :(

You have played more than me then lol ;)

Did a quick google and found this, don't know if it will help though:

Social club is not even opening. The GTAV splash screen comes up and then goes away.

Ok guys!

Fix: Type "echo %username%" with administrative rights in command prompt.

If your name includes a space or a non letter or number than your account won't work.

If you have spaces (like I did) make a new account with administrative rights. Make sure it fits . This account will be able to play it.

That and other issues/fixes can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/32i0s3/can_you_play_gta_v/

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
It did run in the beginning. So my guess is it has something to do with you settings. What happens when you delete the .ini file (back it up).

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
I personally think it has something to do with Rockstar Social club, as that is never loading (Loaded briefly just now after restarting my computer after deletating my profile from the folder, but crashed when it tried to log me in)

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
rockstar social club doesn't "run" as such, its part of GTA mate.

try manually reinstalling social club, youll find its setup in your GTAV folder, I think its in a folder called setup (going from memory here@work atm) also if you have indeed pushed graphics settings higher than they recommend it wont load as you don't have enough VRAM ;) so it bombs out.

if not already installed, grab Geforce experience, this allows you to reset the settings back to the best optimisation for your specific NVidia card. GTAV is one title that actually benefits from GF exp and tweaks it very nicely.

whatever you do, don't try to run GTAV.exe as admin (UAC elevated privs) it breaks the exe requiring a reinstall of GTA ;)

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
try manually reinstalling social club, youll find its setup in your GTAV folder, I think its in a folder called setup (going from memory here@work atm) also if you have indeed pushed graphics settings higher than they recommend it wont load as you don't have enough VRAM ;) so it bombs out.

When I do that it either pops up "Please uninstall all Rockstart games before uninstalling Rockstar Social club" or dling the file Rockstar have provided, when I run it, it says something like "Newer version, installer will exit"

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Like mando said, try to change settings with geforce experience. Maybe that works

Phace

Banned
Mar 18, 2012
Wales, Pembrokeshire
I had a problem with a game, cant remember what game it was now sorry but similar issue, it refused to load.
I don't know why there was a problem but the only way I could run the game was to uninstall GeForce experience.
Worth a try, only takes 2 minutes to download/reinstall it again

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
Managed to get it working. Uninstalled all instances and traces of Rockstar Social club I could fin and reinstaklled it. Works now, although now I come across another error when going towards the docks - "ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5" Please reboot or reinstall the game"........

I do not fancy redownloading the game at all.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Is there a way to repair the installation. Like in origin?

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
Nah, only if you had it on Steam. LUCKILY, I found a thread on reddit that shows a way to check which files are bad on GTAV, so you can delete that particular file and redownload it by launching GTAV again. One file was bad, and it was only 2GB thankfully. Seems to work now though! *Fingers Crossed*. I might actually download a disc version as a back up, just in case tbh.

Reactions: Zero

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Gtav can be guilty of corrupting some of its files when it crashes or bsods, my hunch is its either texture streaming from install drive and when it bsods its still has the file cached. Ive verified a few times when its unstable and between 2 an 5gb of files need reaquired via steam.