The Nvidia Graphics and Performance Guide

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
Nvidia are pretty good at making and benchmarking the graphic settings and showing us what does what, etc. So here is the guide for those of you who like messing around with their graphics and getting the best out of their games.

Guide Here

Edit:- Also, I had problems with GTAV V-sync, but amaged to get the game to run smoother by going into the Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Setting, adding GTAV to the porgram list then adjust the V-Sync settings in there to adaptive, and also power management mode to maximum performance and threaded optimization on. Run so much better now. If you guys would like, I could screenshot my game settings, but I think I am one of the few members that has a graphics card under the 700 series? (670 FTW Edition, whatever that means. Might try some overclocking)

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowFax75

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Have to say Im impressed with Nvidia. When I first tried the game I just downloaded it and installed and played it via Steam, and it crashed on three occasions. I then opened the Nvidia Optimisation programme on my Desktop, told it to optimise GTA V, it did whatever it did and it worked great. I now only go into this game via the Nvidia Optimisation screen, it opens Steam instantly and then the game, plus the graphics still look brilliant.

Reactions: Mandoscottie

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
I like Nvidia and Shadowplay (Which at the moment is causing my GTAV problem so it is disabled sadly) so I decide to stick with them when looking for graphics cards. Sure AMD have faster/better for the same prices, but I hear some bad stories with some games regarding their drivers.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Nvidia are pretty good at making and benchmarking the graphic settings and showing us what does what, etc. So here is the guide for those of you who like messing around with their graphics and getting the best out of their games.

Guide Here

Edit:- Also, I had problems with GTAV V-sync, but amaged to get the game to run smoother by going into the Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Setting, adding GTAV to the porgram list then adjust the V-Sync settings in there to adaptive, and also power management mode to maximum performance and threaded optimization on. Run so much better now. If you guys would like, I could screenshot my game settings, but I think I am one of the few members that has a graphics card under the 700 series? (670 FTW Edition, whatever that means. Might try some overclocking)
nah I run a NV 660ti mate :)

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Have to say Im impressed with Nvidia. When I first tried the game I just downloaded it and installed and played it via Steam, and it crashed on three occasions. I then opened the Nvidia Optimisation programme on my Desktop, told it to optimise GTA V, it did whatever it did and it worked great. I now only go into this game via the Nvidia Optimisation screen, it opens Steam instantly and then the game, plus the graphics still look brilliant.
best way, GF exp is getting better and tbh I swear by it for GTA now.

Reactions: Binary