F1 2010

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
So, one of the games I got for my birthday last weekend, played it all day Sunday and wondered if anyone else has tried it/has it?

Good points - Great car feel, not what I'd call realistic as I would hope that driving an F1 car would be a lot harder than it appears on the joy pad but it feels good to drive at high speed.
Great graphics, depending on your system of course but on mine it looks brilliant.
Dynamic weather is really good, dry start to a race, rain during and dry by the end again...very well implemented and when its raining the effects/spray are fantastic.

Bad points - doesn't seem very realistic, with an average setup attacking corners is far to easy...maybe I should crank up the difficulty settings.
Auto braking is rubbish and just stops you all over the place, I run with braking turned off, traction control on med and all other assists off. I usually find with these types of games that having the driver aids on just makes it much more difficult to get decent lap times.

PC gamer review: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/22/f1-2010-review/

/discuss

Mr..Fred

Donator
Mar 6, 2010
Sheffield uk
Ive got it. I agree with you not very realistic but good. i drive with all the aids off but traction on. I can get pole and fastest lap on canada on legend setting i have sterring wheel so makes it easier.
Do you remember Geoff crammond f1 they were very good games.

Malky

New User
Oct 19, 2010
Scotland
I've got it on XBox 360. I'm up for a game anytime.

What about the race today, bit of a farce with the weather and the new track surface.

Webber ..... :cry:

I'm glad Vettel got a DNF though :yahoo: