ghosting

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
we are all guilty of doing this and so didn't know it was an issue with some of you. As the killcam is part of the game (unless on hardcore servers) there is nothing wrong with it especially if you think you are helping a squad member out. yes i agree it can be annoying to hear your movements being told to others but that should also make you ready to encounter the opposition. Like many things with BF4 if its part of the game and we will have to put up with it

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Totally agree, its part of the game
if you hear your position given away then move or prepare for the arrival.
ALL game play and weapons/ equipment is allowed

SaintSugary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 17, 2013
Totally agree, its part of the game
if you hear your position given away then move or prepare for the arrival.
ALL game play and weapons/ equipment is allowed
I do withdraw but even that is explained on teamspeak in great detail. The only thing that was not mentioned was the colour of my underpants.

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
Dead man tell no tales...

To be honest, I really don't mind, it just brings me more people to slaughter. But I do believe it's not the best practice.

Reactions: ShadowFax75

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
"lets agree to disagree"

I personally believe that communicating with a team member to give the last know enemy position after being shot by them should be allowed, not only does it improve member team play but also communication on team speak.

Last edited:

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Not sure about the comments above and what they are designed to do but please don't let this get into an argument or get personal.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I have seen these threads degenerate fast and was unsure so rather than my usual "lets wait and see" usually until its too late:) I thought a comment would prevent this.

better to be over cautious.

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I've read what you've said Blackthorn, as much as I don't agree with it. I guess we have to go along with it.

SubSonic75

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 22, 2014
Swansea Wales
the kill cam is another tool like the high value target that commanders can place on you its annoying but also part of the game.

Phace

Banned
Mar 18, 2012
Wales, Pembrokeshire
Like many things with BF4 if its part of the game and we will have to put up with it
The kill cam is part of the game yes, but its not the game that tells someone my location on TS/Vent etc is it? No its the person who just died.

Some people have weird emblems with cocks, bums and sometimes both.
Its part of the game but no way im going to have one... why? because its not right. (get my point?)

Its simple in my opinion, dead men dont talk.

So as you may have guessed im disagreeing with ghosting

For the record, i can handle to odd "hes in room on the right", thats not too bad and workable.
What i dont like is the over the top version... "hes prone in the room on the right under the left hand desk, facing the door", this is just unfair to the person in the room!

Phace

Banned
Mar 18, 2012
Wales, Pembrokeshire
Question, if BF4 had an option to turn kill cam off and have a fade to black instead (like counter-strike did) would you enable it on the server or leave kill cam on?

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Kill cam has always been there and always been enabled, it can be turned off, I have no plans to turn it off.

Phace

Banned
Mar 18, 2012
Wales, Pembrokeshire
This doesnt sit well with me and so am going to stay out of this topic now before it does become less happy.
Just know that if i kill someone and i hear my full on location given away on TS im not going to be happy in the slightest.
I hope people who read this will remember how people feel about this topic and stay quiet when killed by them.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
What I don't understand is why this has suddenly become an issue. nothing has changed.

Spotting gives away positions as does tugs, mavs and commanders UAV'S

any clan on ts would be the same and we split clans, if a member does say where they were in ts you would hear it so be forewarned.

I cant help feeling there is a bigger issue here.

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
This is NOT ghosting.

This is just using communication(which seems to be missing a lot these days),and has been around since the start of internet MP games.

The admins are totally right,this is a TEAM game,the team with the best comms,wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.