ghosting

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
This is NOT ghosting.

This is just using communication(which seems to be missing a lot these days),and has been around since the start of internet MP games.

The admins are totally right,this is a TEAM game,the team with the best comms,wins.

Agree completely

I however feel that the killcam in BF4 is totally wrong and compared to insurgency's killcam it only shows the enemy player (When killcam enabled) just shows a 1 second directional shot of the face of the enemy player.

True ghosting is spectating an enemy player and giving a constant update to his/hers location!! I think reporting an enemy players position after being killed and giving a call out "1 enemy at example flag A" is just good team work and communication!!

Phace

Banned
Mar 18, 2012
Wales, Pembrokeshire
Moose, what this is all about IS true ghosting, kill cam provides a spectator view of the enemy which is then relayed back through TS to surviving players via the "dead" player.

I think things with this topic have gone a little out of control.
What a lot of us tend to do is that when we die is simply state that there is 1 or 2 enemies in a room, or a quick "crap! behind you!!". Which I can live with as the level of detail isn't enough to crucify that person who has managed to kill the one ghosting/communicating.
HOWEVER, when said dead person says "he's on your left as you go in behind the crate watching the far stairs". Really.. is that fair? your have just given someone an UNFAIR advantage over the enemy after he bested you in combat?

Would you call that fair, honest, honourable etc??

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
The reason this clan remains successfull is because we do not implement unnecessary rules on the server or TS :)

Less rules = less time being spent by the admins upholding them = more play time for admins :hatsoff:

I have made changes in the past on a #1 ranked server we had to try and accommodate a few members gripes over what seemingly was an insignificant change. That however was not the case and the server died the faster death in history. Lesson learned :bored:

Clear and very precise comms is the one thing that would make me fire up BF4 again, and I am one who will definitely give as much detailed info on player positions, be it on a public server, or in a clan match. I am relaying info to my team as team work wins matches (sometimes...) :first:

As Weston said, the server has been setup like this from day 1 and it has never been an issue, as was the BF3 server before it, and the BC2 server before that :cool:

At the end of the day, I am sure most of us have gripes about server setup that doesn't quite tick all the boxes we want, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.