Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Taken 3 - I didn't think it was as good as the previous ones but still a decent film. Not sure whether Id have been as happy to watch it if Id have had to pay to go watch it at the cinema, but them's is the joys of teh internetz. As it was free I'd give it an 8/10

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Fast & Furious 7, fuck physics, yeah really fuck physics :p

Little bit of carpron, lots of splosions/carnage and still sucky plot. But funzies, so 7/10 I suppose

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Apparently he was also full of bs.... regaling stories very similar to other things that had happened by other soldiers... http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...lled_more_chris_kyle_the_american_sniper.html ...

American Sniper
- As a film, realizing that it simply couldn't be true exactly the way it was told: 9,5 points out of ten. The duel between two snipers etc, no way...I never watch the trailers or read about the movies I want to see, so I didn't study the backgrounds of this film either. I wanted to enjoy the film. -But the way an old school actor once put it into words in one classic old movie decades ago: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend". The same goes with the movies...

The Real Sniper
- In the small world of snipers, one name is thee legend, without underestimating any other historical name. Unfortunately he wasn't American, so he's not know to the general public. He's also the one, who's also said to have said the classic answer to the question "What's the feeling that you get when you shoot someone? -Recoil" (pse forgive a free translation).
- If you don't know who I'm talking about, heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

Enemy at the Gates
- Another excellent sniper movie. 9,5/10. I've watched this about three times, it's an old movie. Though only the Russian sniper is a historical fact, and the German is simply fictional, the film gives a breath taking view to Stalingrad.

Last edited:

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
American Sniper
- As a film, realizing that it simply couldn't be true exactly the way it was told: 9,5 points out of ten. The duel between two snipers etc, no way...I never watch the trailers or read about the movies I want to see, so I didn't study the backgrounds of this film either. I wanted to enjoy the film. -But the way an old school actor once put it into words in one classic old movie decades ago: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend". The same goes with the movies...

The Real Sniper
- In the small world of snipers, one name is thee legend, without underestimating any other historical name. Unfortunately he wasn't American, so he's not know to the general public. He's also the one, who's also said to have said the classic answer to the question "What's the feeling that you get when you shoot someone? -Recoil" (pse forgive a free translation).
- If you don't know who I'm talking about, heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

Enemy at the Gates
- Another excellent sniper movie. 9,5/10. I've watched this about three times, it's an old movie. Though only the Russian sniper is a historical fact, and the German is simply fictional, the film gives a breath taking view to Stalingrad.

Forgot Enemy at the Gates existed, good film!!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Fast & Furious 7, fuck physics, yeah really fuck physics :p Little bit of carpron, lots of splosions/carnage and still sucky plot. But funzies, so 7/10 I suppose

Fast series has indeed had nothing to do with physics, not to mention realism, story line or believable acting for starters. :lol: But it's a genuine Fast, so I give a 9! You CAN'T give less points for a Fast movie!! You simply CAN'T!

And of course, the tribute to Paul Walker...The last minutes were touching.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcon2000

Caramoon

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 14, 2015
Just watched the new spongebob movie and it is funny as hell, of course i went to watch it with the kids.

Reactions: McTavish

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
While we're onto American Sniper, there'll be another movie about an excellent sniper coming out. It's called Battle for Sevastopol and is about a female Ukrainian sniper during WW2.

Trailer:

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Watched the imitation Game last night, a much better film than I expected. 8/10

Also watched Exodus Gods and Kings recently.. average, thought the battle scenes would be much better! 6/10

Dracula Untold - Pretty good, just forget about Bram Stoker and accept the new take and it's quite enjoyable 8/10

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Did the same as caramoon, Really nice movie. 8 or 9 out of 10.

Manners maketh man
(that's why I have none)

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Seventh Son - Sadly it seems that Jeff Bridges is unable to lose the persona he used for that R.I.P.D film he did the other year. Either that or hes turned into some Civil War nutcase. Anyhow I expected better seeing it had Mr Bridges and Julianne Moore (Hunger Games) in it. Its basically an old fart and his apprentice travel to some mountain to kill a witch, its mildly amusing in a handful of places...if you have had some fingers removed, but overall worth the miss. 4/10

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Watched the imitation Game last night, a much better film than I expected. 8/10

Also watched Exodus Gods and Kings recently.. average, thought the battle scenes would be much better! 6/10

Dracula Untold - Pretty good, just forget about Bram Stoker and accept the new take and it's quite enjoyable 8/10

Yep really enjoyed imitation game, same with Dracula untold to be fair.

you tried I, Frankenstein Matty? worth a watch if you havnt, you can see its from makers of underworld franchaise (not a bad thing) Sadly no Kate Beckinsdale in a tight rubber catsuit though :(

lets pause on that thought for a second......

Underworld-4-Images-Kate-Beckinsale-as-Selene1.jpg

she really is perfection personified :) the one actress both myself and Lynsey agree we would both "do" lol
kate-beckinsale-lingerie.jpg

Last edited:

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
I just got raised eyebrows as i kept looking lol.

Just watched Fast 7 and while i do like the films, i can't help but feel it was more for Vin than for Paul, and how he felt about Paul's death.