Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Maleficent

hmm what can I say about this, it was quite entertaining and I didn't realise it was a twist on sleeping beauty until near the end lol.

Anjelia Jolie is superb in it, suits the role perfectly, and I have to admit, I found her quite hot with those wings/horns! (says a lot about me eh)

8/10

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Watched John Wick this weekend... not bad at all...I think there was a story somewhere but was too busy watching the action!

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland

coolhand

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2013
Bergen, Norway
Watched part of Marseille. Big mistake. A french gangsta-movie. Not very good action, no plot to speak of, bad acting. 2/10.

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
Watched 2 movies in the past days;
- American Sniper
- Fury

American sniper was a good movie! If you like sniping in game, you will love this movie :)!

Fury is a good rough ww2 movie, a bit over the top sometimes but its good, I like it :)

coolhand

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2013
Bergen, Norway
Dying of the Light with Nicolas Cage. Decent thriller, enjoyed it. 8/10.
The debt (Helen Mirren). Good movie about a Mossad nazi hunting party. Very good, but the end was a bit cheesy. 7/10 (would have been 8/10 if not for the ending).
The Bucket List (Nicholson, Freeman). Enjoyed it while it played, but found it too Hollywood afterwards (romantisizing cancer - really only Hollywood can do that): 5/10.

Phace

Banned
Mar 18, 2012
Wales, Pembrokeshire
Predators 6/10 - Messed up once again with Predator lore and some content is from multiple books but not bad overall.
Ong Bak - 9/10 - So cool, but it looks so painful ><
The Ugly Truth - 10/10 Dunno i fell but the missus said she loved it and it kept her happy (hense the 10/10)

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
Watched Big Hero 6 the other day. Really funny if it's your type of film.
8/10

coolhand

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2013
Bergen, Norway
Got dragged to fifty shades of gray 0/10

Listen pal, if you want to see pron, I can give you som recommandations of decent pron movies, OK?

----------------------

I am currently watching Bosch (TV series, currently on HBO Nordic and Amazon Prime): Very good american crime series - a bit polished, but decent. 8/10 if you don't mind a bit polish, 7/10 if you demand realism like the Wire and such.

And oh yeah: The Wire: 10/10 - best crime series there is.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Watched a few over the past month or so...

Interstellar - despite a few people I know saying they didnt understand it, I grasped it pretty well. Plot didnt tie together in a couple of places but if you like SciFi its pretty good 8/10

The Hunger Games Mockingjay - yeah I was bored yesterday afternoon and rather than press slices of beetroot under my eyelids I watched this. Take my advise and go buy some beetroot. After the miserable bint out of those werewolves and vampire films, Katnip Evershite is a most miserable woman to look at. 3/10

Dracula Untold - Actually surprised me this, a really good alternative to the usual Count Dracula stories and you feel pretty sorry for the undead bloke. 10/10

Lucy - Awesome. The fact that I fancy Scarlet Johansen something rotten may have swung it another few points. 100/10

A Walk Among The Tombstones - its got Liam Neeson in it nuff said. A bit different from his recent stuff and not bad. Kind of gritty. 7/10

Left Behind - which is what this film should have had happen to it. Nicholas Cage managed to do a worse movie than Ghostrider. Who'da thunk it? I'm guessing it was a pilot film for a TV series which I bet never gets the go ahead. 0.5/10

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Binary said:
The Hunger Games Mockingjay - yeah I was bored yesterday afternoon and rather than press slices of beetroot under my eyelids I watched this. Take my advise and go buy some beetroot. After the miserable bint out of those werewolves and vampire films, Katnip Evershite is a most miserable woman to look at. 3/10

Dracula Untold - Actually surprised me this, a really good alternative to the usual Count Dracula stories and you feel pretty sorry for the undead bloke. 10/10

Agreed Binary, I went to the cinema stoned to see mockingjay and was bored out my tree :p very poor

I also found Dracula untold very enjoyable 10/10 I also found I, Frankenstein well worth a watch if you havnt already.

Last edited:

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Edge of Tomorrow :- Live, Die, Repeat 9/10
Entertaining, if a touch predictable overall.
9/10 for one scene with Emily Blunt I actually gasped in her movement :p see if you can spot it. She aint no Kate Beckinsdale though. No siree!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
....any new movies peeeps?

Yes! Moneyball, from 2011...I finally watched it. Totally enjoyable, but only if you like American baseball, and a documentary type of camera work and acting. 8,5/10 with these warnings.