bf1 and server rental

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Today I contacted our provider and asked what was happening about server rentals and the response I got is as follows
"Unfortunately we still have not received any form of confirmation about server hosting plans for BF1. No body knows right now. :("

it don't look good

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Just to say it again,

If EA is doing no admin servers then my preorder is done. I'm not playing on unmoderated bf 1 servers.

Reactions: Clown and Zero

bricktopz

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 13, 2015
Is there noway you can all still play on the same server , like a few in the same match ? not sure how it works on pc?

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
That is all possible Bricktopz. But this is about renting an own server which you can't admin properly ( according the rumours)

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
That would certainly be a sad, sad day considering they made that mistake on Battlefront. Certainly wouldn't want to read gobshites going on about hacking etc all night long.

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I popped some info as to why I'm really excited regards this! In general chat on the BF server topic!

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
hi is anyone preordering still and getting game on launch? Im kind of in two minds to wait a week or so, have been busy playing Gears of War 4 for windows, but i still want to play battlefield 1 a lot, not sure if everyone is getting it let me know?

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I bought a key at a key site, just the standard one. And I have origin access so I can play it for 10 hours before the official release.

I really enjoyed the beta and the few hours I already spent on the trial (origin access), I really hope EA will come up with a good server solution. It would be a waste of a good game if they didn't.

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Ofcourse I'm still preordering :) a little hiccup with servers isn't going to stop me playing the battlefield series :) even if its only for 30 odd hours :p

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
hi is anyone preordering still and getting game on launch? Im kind of in two minds to wait a week or so, have been busy playing Gears of War 4 for windows, but i still want to play battlefield 1 a lot, not sure if everyone is getting it let me know?

If you are still busy with GoW4 then just keep playing that. Cant hurt to wait to order it a bit later.
Well, if you're not on the I need it at release hypetrain

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
BF1 voting thread might give the needed hints about how many members are getting the game, but it doesn't necessarily say who will preorder it or not.

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
I'm pondering, every time I pre order I get stung, Black Ops, COD Ghosts, Battlefront etc, will way a week of two see how it goes :excited:

Reactions: six-shooter

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Since im doing stoptober and staying of the drink i treated myself and ordered the delux edition instaling it tonight :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NE0

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
Nice one I have gone ahead and pre ordered.ultimate edition as I always get season pass as well. I'm not doing the access origin as I'll be busy at the weekend..so.I'll see.u for launch night or the following weekend will be getting stuck in. Game looks great now I just hope.it runs alright the beta maxed out my.cpu.

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Yeah, you can play tuesday then.

Same here

By the way, you did pay the full price? You know that you get a 10% discount as acces member so the price for 1 month is compensated by that 10%.

There is no reason to not ea acces now if buying on origin. Coz every case the 10% is more off then the price of 1 month ea acces

bricktopz

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 13, 2015
I don't know what to do , I'm busy playing gow4 and also destiny on Xbox . I may just wait till the private servers are up and running , can't be dealing with hackers and cheats .