First world (problem) dilema

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
My gf pretty much shares my view on marriage. We've both had enough failed marriages in our families to believe that it's not about getting married. It's being well around each other. We can either go and do things together, or just be in the same room doing our own things. We are well together without losing individuality. If we keep it up, we don't need anything else to bind us, paper, ritual or tradition.

Edit: My written english today is horrible. But I'm too tired to write it properly. Sorry.
not at all mate, worded very well ;) and yep know what you mean Lynsey & I think the same, its more about being able to live in each others pockets without wanting to kill each other, you only get that when you move in together tbh :) whether or not a ring is involved is irrelevant tbh :) we are each others closest confidant as well as partners :) id be lost without her tbvh shes got me through heavy 5h1t and me, and on her side with her family losing her dad recently, and we are still as close as we have always been.

weve cohabited now for almost 5yrs, we were friends first and despite the big age gap and me punching waaay above my weight (my lady is a hottie!) we are inseperable. :)

Reactions: Morthor

ftpdoug

New User
Jan 10, 2015
Rent out a sports car for a weekend, go on a fixed line parachute jump, and buy some Star Wars Lego.. Sorted :cheers:

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Rent out a sports car for a weekend, go on a fixed line parachute jump, and buy some Star Wars Lego.. Sorted :cheers:
track day is a great idea, hell come to Scotland for it to go round Knockhill in a Ferrari :p or a helo ride around Stirling castle area, did that last year, awesome fun.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
I'm getting a smartwatch for my 50th in a few weeks - just deciding between the Asus Zenwatch and the Motorolla Moto 360. I think its gonna have to be the Moto, but if you have an Android phone it might be an idea.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
I'm getting a smartwatch for my 50th in a few weeks - just deciding between the Asus Zenwatch and the Motorolla Moto 360. I think its gonna have to be the Moto, but if you have an Android phone it might be an idea.

Your the fitst person i know to go for one, binary review after??

Ive toyed with one but im a traditionalist when it comes to my watches, i like analogue kinetic watches.
My daily wearer to work is a square faced roman numeral date/time armani, n dress watch i have 2 an armani audi tt styled all metal and my vintage 68 omega seamaster cosmic 2000 but i get too freaked wearing that incase i lose it, had it valued last year to replace like for like would be almost 3k.......paid 150 quid for it in 1989 liverpool pawn shop. :D

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Sure, I'd be happy to. I used to wear a large heavy G-Shock watch up until a few years ago then I got myself a Nike Fuelband when they came out and have been wearing that since, which although I can't profess to use it as a fitness band, it does make a great watch if all you want to know is the time. The Fuelband is more like a bracelet as its worn loose and I've become used to that now ans not sure how it'll feel wearing a proper watch again. I'll do a small thingy on the new smartwatch after I get it on the 19th July :)

Reactions: Mandoscottie