Monsters: Dark Continent

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
Looks like my kind of movie, although I couldn't understand much of the plot, seemed a bit confusing. Is this based a book or other source?

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
It's the follow up to the 2010 movie 'Monsters'. The first was shot on a very, very low budget and the director, Gareth Edwards, edited the entire movie on his laptop!

It's very darkly shot, so you don't see much of the monsters, but they tried to rely on characters to drive it. He then went on to direct the latest GodZilla movie and of course now as one of the Star Wars spin off movies I believe.

Reactions: Morthor

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
It's the follow up to the 2010 movie 'Monsters'. The first was shot on a very, very low budget and the director, Gareth Edwards, edited the entire movie on his laptop!

It's very darkly shot, so you don't see much of the monsters, but they tried to rely on characters to drive it. He then went on to direct the latest GodZilla movie and of course now as one of the Star Wars spin off movies I believe.

Is that the one where the monsters escape from some army lab in the mountains & at the end 4 people try to escape from the monsters by car and run out of fuel, everyone in the car gives up hope & commit suicide, thinking its the end and just as the driver is about to, the mist clears and the army comes storming by, saving him. A really morbid ending but a fantastic film! The monster effects are exactly the same.

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
Is that the one where the monsters escape from some army lab in the mountains & at the end 4 people try to escape from the monsters by car and run out of fuel, everyone in the car gives up hope & commit suicide, thinking its the end and just as the driver is about to, the mist clears and the army comes storming by, saving him. A really morbid ending but a fantastic film! The monster effects are exactly the same.
I saw a movie that was very similar to that. An adaptation of the Stephen King book "The Mist" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
A mist appears out of nowhere with monsters in them. The characters are stuck in a shop for the whole movie. Eventually, the main character, along with 2/3 other people and his own child, escape the shop and drive off a road through the Mist. When they run out of fuel, and do not want to die to the monsters, they agree to suicide. The main character takes a gun a kills them one buy one, knowing there aren't enough bullets to him to kill himself. After he's killed them all, he sits crying outside the car and the Mist starts to clear up, the Army shows up, they've been killing the monsters and making the Mist disappear. So he basically killed his family and friends and within 2 mins they could have been all saved.