Top Gear... The End?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
UBv3DmR.png

Too dark and too funny

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
I'm going to order myself two tickets for the live show 28th of november, will go to England for that :)
So not any longer than a week and its half announced he's not really really gone, and could come back (Alan Yentob also hinted at that possibility), all a publicity stunt for an old unfunny twat and his cohorts....my TG days are over tbvh.
This kinda explains why he reported himself, its all publicity for a flagging show. Tbh I've found this series pretty poor, the only good things these days are their specials, you realise that when you watch a lot of reruns on Dave, they are so much more original, funny and interesting to watch, its now just the JC show-off show with 2 sidekicks to fill the quiet spells.

I have enough unfunny arrogant twats at work I can watch (no licence fee req), I was borderline after the "alleged" issues in Argentina...go rewatch and check the woeful editing in both halves of that special, the number plate was on, then off then on then off (throughout both episodes), same with hammonds rollcage ;) orchestrated bullpooh. Orchestrated stunt imo.

They should have let it go gracefully tbvh, its a shadow of its heyday, what next Gary glitter on the one show as guest presenter? :p

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
So not any longer than a week and its half announced he's not really really gone, and could come back (Alan Yentob also hinted at that possibility), all a publicity stunt for an old unfunny twat and his cohorts....my TG days are over tbvh.
This kinda explains why he reported himself, its all publicity for a flagging show. Tbh I've found this series pretty poor, the only good things these days are their specials, you realise that when you watch a lot of reruns on Dave, they are so much more original, funny and interesting to watch, its now just the JC show-off show with 2 sidekicks to fill the quiet spells.

I have enough unfunny arrogant twats at work I can watch (no licence fee req), I was borderline after the "alleged" issues in Argentina...go rewatch and check the woeful editing in both halves of that special, the number plate was on, then off then on then off (throughout both episodes), same with hammonds rollcage ;) orchestrated bullpooh. Orchestrated stunt imo.

They should have let it go gracefully tbvh, its a shadow of its heyday, what next Gary glitter on the one show as guest presenter? :p

To harsh a comment but yes you are right, could be a publicity stunt but I Don't think so but time will tell

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
To harsh a comment but yes you are right, could be a publicity stunt but I Don't think so but time will tell
yes a bit harsh agreed, but tbh although I like Clarkson n all the rest, I still miss the original format if im totally honest.

its like watching a chimps t party the new format, its fine for a few visits, but then you realise those simians arnt REALLY drinking Tea or having a party, you then feel a bit short changed :p

Reactions: waffey73

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
yes a bit harsh agreed, but tbh although I like Clarkson n all the rest, I still miss the original format if im totally honest.

its like watching a chimps t party the new format, its fine for a few visits, but then you realise those simians arnt REALLY drinking Tea or having a party, you then feel a bit short changed :p

Yep the whiskey sure takes its toll, but they think it is funny but as ratings have fallen since the new format that is why I think they changed things which as you say is such a pity

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Police are taking no Action over Clarkson's argy bargy with the producer guy but the BBC it says will not Renew Clarkson's Contract. So Hey Ho Reast time for himself

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32407514
surprise surprise hes coming back to BBC2, watch this space he will be back on beeb 2/TG all an orchestrated stunt imo.

and his claim to this is quite frankly an insult to everyones intelligence, excuses excuses for being a dick..

In his latest Sunday Times column, Clarkson revealed he thought he probably had cancer at the time he hit Tymon.

makes a change from claiming someone abused him as a kid, hence punching the guy in the chops.

Reactions: waffey73

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
The BBC has confirmed Top Gear will return in 2016 without Jeremy Clarkson - but who is likely to fill his leather brogues?

As you say Mando time will tell, they are sure to sneak him in somehow.
Though there is talk about Phillip Glenister being talked to, i have watched his car restoration show and he does seem a likely character.
I also think that phillip with May and Co would do well.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
The BBC has confirmed Top Gear will return in 2016 without Jeremy Clarkson - but who is likely to fill his leather brogues?

As you say Mando time will tell, they are sure to sneak him in somehow.
Though there is talk about Phillip Glenister being talked to, i have watched his car restoration show and he does seem a likely character.
I also think that phillip with May and Co would do well.

I know the bloke your on about and I agree he would work, hes quite eccentric.

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Latest update:- One of the BBC's Top exccutives has said that Clarkson will return to the BBC.
The BBC2 Cheif Kim Shillinglaw says he has not been banished and will be back on the BBC.
I what role no one is saying at the present so again we will have to wait and see

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Yet another update on the Clarkson Saga, :lol::lol: W e wonder who is telling the truth, this Exclusive From the sun could be true but we shall see.

Attachments

• Clarkson and Co.jpeg
    Clarkson and Co.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1