Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
The Equalizer.

I like Denzel Washington so naturally I thought I would like this movie. In this case, that remains true. Great action film and ticks all the right boxes if you are after a brutal "taking the trash out" film. I would post a trailer, but that ruins a few great fight scenes, so I won't do it. Very enjoyable watch, 4/5.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
the equalizer as in Edward Woodwards character of Tv series of the same name?

Yes, the same. It's actually a very good film I thought, just enough of that investigative equalizer you remember mixed with a bit of bornesque action. Give it a go mate I don't think you'll be dissatisfied.

In other news monkey magic was the shizzle.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Run All Night: Liam Neeson, an ever more present star on the screens these days, plays a killer hood chap who kilsl his bosses son and tries to protect his own son from being topped off in retribution. Pretty good - better than the last one he did anyway. It seemed to be over quite quickly which I guess is the mark of a good film. 8.54/10

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
Big Hero 6 100 out of 10 fantastic film and much fun

John Wick 10 out of 10, a good fast mental action film

Intersteller 9 out of 10

Mad Max Fury Road Gazillion out of 10. Tom Hardy portrays the mad side of max a lot more than gibson did and to a better effect

Reactions: coolcon2000

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Interstellar - I thought was a 10/10. Explains contemporarily complex physics in a simple way, story was OK but I was more into the explanation of relativity for example.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron - 8/10 I'm a huge marvel fan, AoU was very good and I think brings a decent close to phase 1 of the marvel cinematic universe with a pretty clear path for what phase 2 up to the start of infinity war will look like. Loved Spader but do anyway. Also liked what I perceived as an underlying story of the eventual fate of our species, but that's a but deep for a forum suffice to say I liked the depiction.

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
AoU felt more of an introduction for a couple of new characters and background Hawkeye. I still loved it, but Spader and Bettany stole the film. Having Quicksilver erm, you know, was a dissapointment though. I still reckon Ultron *****************
A good lead up into the next series of MU films though

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Big Hero 6 100 out of 10 fantastic film and much fun

John Wick 10 out of 10, a good fast mental action film

Yep I was surprised by both also tbh.

this has me in creases even now ;P very funny, very clever storyline overall and great hidden message for the young uns, but more than enough to keep grownups chuckling away also.

Reactions: GunwitchUK

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
Watched Chappie this week, brilliant movie! He's just such a lovable character. And the combination with Die Antwoord just works.
r8 8/8 m8, it's gr8

Reactions: Mandoscottie

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Wild card. On a Statham scale it gets 8.5 / 10 - but if you're not into this genre called "Statham finally beating the bad guys", don't bother :lol: (I find them totally enjoyable)

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Fury. 9.5/10. No complaints whatsoever, simply excellent WWII movie with realism and heroism. ok, I know what you guys wrote about the Panzer IV vs M4 Shermans fight etc, but forgetting this it's simply excellent. -And heroism is always welcomed.