We love it!

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
So what's everyone's views :D

I'll be very interesting to know what the updates to come etc will bring.

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
You look into the distance and see planes torn apart by gunfire, their debris raining down over London. In war-torn France to the east, horrible armored tanks tear holes in walls as they roll through crumbling cities. To the south, past the burning Italian coast, men charge over the sand dunes of the Arabian Desert, armed to the teeth with the most powerful weaponry the world has ever seen. This is what the dawn of all-out war looks like, and it's Only in Battlefield 1.

Thats the latest detail...

So we know

London
France
Italian
Arabian Desert

Nice locations

bricktopz

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 13, 2015
I think they've done the right thing going back to ww1. I'm not a big fan of the modern warfare titles.
Defo be getting it .

metroidwar

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 18, 2015
Kortrijk, Belgium
i'm excited and will probly Pre-Perchase but its a lot of money lost if its gonna be like star wars and hardline.
we wil see after the Alpha's and Beta's

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
Probably will get it, but no pre-order from me. Gonna wait and see for any alpha and beta releases first and wait for reviews once the game has its full release.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014

This trailer is missing ;-)

I bought Battlefront and even Hardline. So probably this game is going to get bought too.....
Maybe pre ordering it, but I will not pre order before I played Alpha or Beta.

I really hope they will get rid of the matchmaking etc. I think that is one of the reasons why Battlefront is almost not being played anymore.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Looks good! Another current BF with new maps and some new weapons would not have entitled a new game status. It will be interesting to see how they balance the weapons and will there be limitations to certain weapon types (sniper rifles, machine guns etc) as in some tactical shooters. If so, this might give players a chance/a necessity (either way, depends on how you look at the issue) to play it in a more tactical approach than current BF, as it was advertised somewhere.

I'll be getting this of course, most likelyl pre ordering when the time comes.

SaintSugary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 17, 2013
Graphics looks just amazing, I just hope that gameplay is balanced and there would be dedicated servers.
WW1 era...well at least I haven't played that time period at all so that should be interesting.

It will be also interesting to see how COD 4 remastered with it's futuristic direction and Battlefields opposite direction plays out in the end.

Plenty of hints about BF1 in following videos:

Westie's 5 things to know about BF1:

Levelcaps Battlefield 1 Complete trailer breakdown:

RuntimeTom

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 12, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
I'm positively surprised and optimistic. But as we know, implementation details finally define if the game is good or bad (think about battlefront), so let's see. I might buy at launch or pre-order but not before I have gained enough details about the game from youtube or by playing beta etc.

Reactions: Quic

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Lots of interesting and promising information available! btw, is this a hint towards a general match making decision, or is it just a handy & helpful way to keep the squad together, if you change the server; as they say in another comment? :)

- There will be a Persistent Squad System to allow four players to form a squad and enter matchmaking together to guarantee they're grouped for an entire session.
- ...Afterward, the developers discussed various aspects of the game, including a persistent squad system that makes it easier to jump between servers with a group of players

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
It looks alright. I'll definetly get it. Would have rathered it been Vietnam or some 'over the top' 1980s rambo era,... but anyway, I hope they give the Medic class some auto rifle (i heard the Assault class will now get SMG's and medic will get semi auto- just a rumour) So i hope the medic class doesn't get nerfed too hard, and also i hope they keep the movement fast and dont try to nerf it into making it 'slower and realistic'.

Also if they can integrate gun and armour customisation in WW1, it will be quite a challenge, as you have the realistic brigade moaning if they add anything fun. There is a 'black dot' sight called Aperture sight and some other add ons perhaps.

Have to wait and play the beta, sign up to be a 'battlefield insider' for access...

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
I am definitely going to pre-order it. The Deluxe version looks pants though with stuff that you just know is going to be available after a couple of months.