Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
watched this a good while ago and forgot about it tbh, watched it again this morning.

The Last King of Scotland.
(for those not aware its about Edie Amein and his genocide in the 70s in Uganda)

powerful stuff Forrest and Jimbo are top class in it. 8/10

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
The Book of Eli - 9.5 points. Had to rewatch it, as it was ran on tv yesterday. As some critics had said, it's "The Road Warrior withour cars". The core message with overwhelming religiosity at the end is a bit confusing, but the post-apocalyptic world is filmed exactly the way it could have been, if they had gone into cities or towns instead of desert in Mad Max II.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Watched Dogma again last night, man one of Kevin Smiths finest works imo. 10/10

This is one of my favourite all time films, lost count of the times ive watched it.

So funny, and a stellar performance from George Carlin as the bishop and of course who can forget the true stars of the show, Mooby and Buddy Christ! l
Throw in Jay & Silent bob, Alan Rickman, Chris Rock, Salma Hyiek and the rest of the usual Kevin Smith cast are there, and a new one the golgothan ;)

While its one of his series of linked films, it stands up perfectly well on its own imo. At least I would recc watching Jay & Silent bob strike back also to get the bigger picture/story :)

K Smith films are stories within stories in a series for those who haven't watched them.

For those who have not seen it, do so. Very cleverly constructed story based around the theological catholic faith in a clever yet non offensive manner.

Essential viewing! Probs his best release.

Jay: Guys like us just don't fall out of the fucking sky, you know.

[Rufus falls out of the sky]

Jay: Beautiful, naked, big-titted women just don't fall out of the sky, you know.

another fav quote of mine

Bethany: What's he like?

Metatron: God? Lonely. But funny. He's got a great sense of humor. Take sex for example. There's nothing funnier than the ridiculous faces you people make mid-coitus.

Bethany: Sex is a joke in heaven?

Metatron: The way I understand it, it's mostly a joke down here, too.

Last edited:

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Kingsman; The Secret Service - was an okay film, could have been a lot better if given the kind of budget a Bond film gets. Got a bit "Austin Powersy" towards the end with psychedelic head explosions and if I'm honest the 'sarf lahndun chav' accent and Samuel L Jacksons lisp got on my wick a bit. I guess Id give it a 7/10. Okay to rent or watch for free but not worth a cinema ticket.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Kingsman; The Secret Service - was an okay film, could have been a lot better if given the kind of budget a Bond film gets. Got a bit "Austin Powersy" towards the end with psychedelic head explosions and if I'm honest the 'sarf lahndun chav' accent and Samuel L Jacksons lisp got on my wick a bit. I guess Id give it a 7/10. Okay to rent or watch for free but not worth a cinema ticket.
ive got it to watch today, apparantly the bilateral amputee character was scheduled to be Oscar, I believe its a bit too close to reality in one bit?

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
well what can I say I watched this the other night, been looking forward to it for a while and was I disappointed? hell no!

The best movie so far from the writer/director of District 9 & Elysium.

superb twist at the end which i did not see coming.

10/10 bloody fantastic and Chappie is so endearing i had a lump in my throat a few times!

Essential viewing!

One of the best movies ive seen this year, no kidding. Its that good ive adopted an afrikaans accent at work with workmates, annoying the shite out of them!

Reactions: Binary

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
well what can I say I watched this the other night, been looking forward to it for a while and was I disappointed? hell no!

10/10 bloody fantastic and Chappie is so endearing i had a lump in my throat a few times!

Essential viewing!

One of the best movies ive seen this year, no kidding. Its that good ive adopted an afrikaans accent at work with workmates, annoying the shite out of them!

How well can you say Krugerrand?

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe

Essential viewing!

Just finished watching this too. Clearly Mando is very much in touch with his feminine emotional side. It was still a very good film but I can't say it made me choke up at all. Good ending. No offense to any S.A peeps, but the only S.A accent I have ever really liked was that used by Patsy Kensit before she sucked a wadcutter in Lethal Weapon 2. Seriously horny. Anyway, it was probably the accents that tarnished Chappie for me, so not the films fault, more mine.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Just finished watching this too. Clearly Mando is very much in touch with his feminine emotional side. It was still a very good film but I can't say it made me choke up at all. Good ending. No offense to any S.A peeps, but the only S.A accent I have ever really liked was that used by Patsy Kensit before she sucked a wadcutter in Lethal Weapon 2. Seriously horny. Anyway, it was probably the accents that tarnished Chappie for me, so not the films fault, more mine.
hehehe i didn't like seeing chappie get picked on, esp by street kids. :p

Reactions: Binary

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Expendables 3! I'm slow in watching any new films with a few rare exceptions...I can't give any points to this film (or any Expendables to that matter), because they're impossible to rate! Action & firing & explosions, paper thin characters, no real story what so ever, stunts are not connected to any laws of common physics, and your blood pressure doesn't even rise because you know that nothing can happen to these superheroes :). And guess what, after watching this film on Blue-Ray I noticed that they were running The A-Team movie on tv once again. -Similar comments :lol::lol:

Last edited: